Employee Relations can assist you when:
- You have questions about performance evaluations
- You are anticipating corrective action/dismissal for an employee
- You want to discuss methods for motivating employees
- There is a conflict at the work site
- You need help with interpretation of Human Resources policy
- You have questions about supervisory training
- You have questions about the OIU grievance process
- You have questions about reduction-in-force
Programs Coordinated by Employee Relations
New Employee Orientation – All new OIU employees are encouraged to attend to learn about benefits, services, and other necessities.
Child Care Assistance – A cooperative effort between the University, private business, and the Broward County Health Department that assists parents in finding high-quality child care.
Crisis Leave Program – Information regarding the OIU Crisis Leave Program, policy, procedures, and related forms.
Family/Medical Leave – OIU’s Family/Medical Leave Policy, Guidelines, Procedures and related forms.
Professional Training & Development – Information and guidance on a variety of topics important to those who have supervisory responsibilities at OIU.
Employee Service Award Program – Okan International University presents Service Awards to all regular employees who complete intervals of five calendar years of service, calculated on consolidated or continuous regular employment. This link provides information on the annual Service Awards Program and allows recipients to view and select award options.