Okan International University (OIU) is an American University in South Florida and offers Bachelors and Master’s degree programs in accordance with Department of Education rules and regulations.
OIU is affianced in noteworthy research and academic studies in harmony with contemporary changes and advancement, endorsing the use of state-of-the-art learning practices by inclusion of cutting-edge technological solutions to customary undertakings like lectures, workshops and seminars. A promise to quality and eminence stimulates our curriculums that formulate students to face international variations and to effectively relate their hypothetical acquaintance to real-life circumstances.
Under the laws of the State of Florida, Okan International University is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education to offer post-secondary education programs and has authority to grant degree. For any related information, please visit: www.fldoe.org
Why to select Okan International University?
- Highly qualified and distinguished faculty team
- Authorized for Online and On Campus Teaching
- Multi-cultural Educational environment
- Opportunity to study in South Florida – in the heart of Miami-Dade and Broward.
- Scholarship opportunities for applicants who qualify
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Okan International University will prepare students as leaders in his or her chosen profession.
Okan International University will combine expertise from the educational and professional arena in a university environment. The University’s main goal is to develop the business, health care and hospitality communities with graduates that exhibit skills and the ability to make positive contributions to the workplace.
Okan International University will develop educational curriculum with emphasis on the development of critical thinking and conceptual skills. The rigor and scholarly emphasis is coupled with the expertise and knowledge of the professional community. The central focus will be the relationship between academic learning and real life practical skills and strategies. The University’s programs will be designed to respond to the needs of today’s world with the flexibility to adjust to these needs as they continue to evolve.
At Okan International University we train students to think in an analytical, interdisciplinary way, and we instill an entrepreneurial spirit.
We invest and support innovative scholars who are able to successfully integrate education and training and thus help our students to become exceptional graduates in their respective fields. We strive to convert information into technology for the benefit of society.
We concentrate on educational and research activities directed at meeting the needs of society by making social responsibility and environmental consciousness our priority.
Our vision is to become a world-class university which contributes to the betterment of the nation and its business life by providing education of the highest standards and thereby preparing its students to enter the modern business world, ensuring that they are open to domestic and foreign competition, and instilling them with social responsibility and environmental consciousness.
- To prepare students for the marketplace.
- To develop student competency in critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and information utilization.
- To provide instruction that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
- To provide faculty members that enhances the learning experience.
- To use technology to create effective means of instruction that expands access to learning resources that enhances collaboration and communication for improved student learning.
- To assess student learning and use assessment data to improve the system, curriculum, instruction, learning resources, counseling, and student services.
- To foster a spirit of innovation that focuses on providing academic quality, excellent services and convenience to the working student.
OIU’s vision is to become a world-class university by providing education of the highest standards and thereby preparing its students to enter the modern business world. At this time, OIU is not accredited. It is pursuing accreditation through application to ACCSC, a US Department of Education recognized accreditation institution.